King United Soccer Club Hiring General Manager
Title: General Manager
Reports to: Board of Directors
Hours: Full time flexible hours. Candidates must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as required by our programs.
King United Soccer Club (KUSC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization, established and operated by volunteers to provide children and adolescents in the King City and Schomberg area the opportunity to learn about the game of soccer, enhance their soccer skills and abilities, and to have fun playing this wonderful game. The KUSC offers a variety of indoor and outdoor programs for a range of age groups which include house league programs, competitive programs, and camps. KUSC is looking for a dedicated and responsible General Manager to join our team. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the GM will provide a variety of support services and will professionally represent KUSC both within and with external service providers and stakeholders. Responsibilities include managing of all operations of KUSC, including finances, winter and summer programs, volunteers, referees, all facilities and club resources, fundraising and sponsorship.
• Working with Board of Directors to deliver and implement the club’s vision, mission and objectives.
• Provide a leadership role within the Club.
• Attending all board meetings, AGM’s and any other special general meetings.
• Coordinating KUSC program requirements and club administration with the township of King, YRSA, OSA, CSA, as well as the leagues.
• Manage all programming of the Club.
• Manage volunteers of the Club.
• Manage the club finances.
• Manage all facilities and club assets.
• Manage fundraising and sponsorship efforts of the club.
• Maintain club website, club-wide email communications, registrations and social media sites daily making sure that all current and accurate content is posted to the website as necessary.
• Provide support when needed for club events, including but not limited to: registration, festival, king day, picture day, etc.
• Work with and support a variety of Board Members and Volunteers.
• Manage league registrations.
• Manage player registrations.
• Support rep team managers and coaches.
• Provide client support services.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a lead role in a community soccer club.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Experience managing employees and volunteers.
• Capability of working with a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to work independently and with little or nor supervision.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Strong planning and administration skills.
• Self-reliant and entrepreneurial.
• Knowledge of computer applications, specifically those related to soccer.
• Knowledge of soccer